On 18 May 2020, Justice Geoffrey Flick dismissed a union-led bid to have Qantas workers paid sick leave during the period of stand-down. In mid-March 2020, 20,000 Qantas employees were stood-down in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Since this time, these workers...
The pandemic has raised some real practical difficulties around signing and witnessing legal documents because of strict social distancing rules in place to protect us all. In order to facilitate and decrease the need for face to face contact for the witnessing of...
On 21 April 2020, the Full Bench of the Fair Work Commission upheld that the 60,000 drivers contracted by Uber are not employees of Uber. The appeal had been brought by the Transport Workers Union, who argued that Mrs. Gupta, a former UberEats driver, was an employee...
Experts in all areas of Employment Law
CLW’s employment law team has been an integral part of our practice since the firm’s inception over 25 years ago. Our employment law team is renowned for providing up to date practical and commercial legal advice to clients from a diverse range of industries on employment. Our association with premier businesses is long-standing and deep.
Our employment law team is focused on the relations between workers and their employers on matters ranging from wages and compensation, through to harassment and discrimination based on gender, disability or age. We have partnered with national brands such as Audi, Volkswagon, Bank of Queensland, CIT Group and Friendly Chemists to name a few.
- Strategic workplace relations advice;
- Dispute resolution – from conciliation and arbitration to litigation including in the Federal Court of Australia;
- Advice on employee entitlements and employment conditions;
- Drafting enterprise agreements, employment contracts, executive service agreements and independent contractor agreements;
- Termination of employment matters including advice on redundancy, and unfair dismissal and unfair contract claims;
- Post-employment restraint matters;
- Discrimination, harassment and bullying claims;
- Providing training workshops and seminars on employment matters particularly to line managers of substantial corporations.