Divorce Lawyers Sydney
Looking for experienced Divorce Lawyers Sydney? Having access to expert advice on divorce law can help reduce the stress and expense often associated with the process. Our Divorce Lawyers have significant expertise in guiding clients who are undergoing a divorce. We help to simplify and streamline the divorce process and advise on matters of:
- Divorce Application
- Parenting Orders and Children’s Issues
- Child Support, Financial Agreements
- Property Settlements
- Estate Planning and more.
Our Sydney divorce lawyers work towards securing all entitlements for our clients and expediting the process to reduce the costs and pressures involved.
What are the requirements for obtaining a divorce?
For a divorce to be granted, the Federal Circuit Court must be satisfied that:
- there is a valid marriage
- the marriage has broken down irrevocably
- that parties to the marriage have been separated for at least 12 months (365 consecutive days)
- where children are involved, the courts must also be satisfied that proper arrangements have been put in place for the ongoing care of the children
- for marriages of less than two years duration, it is also a requirement that counselling has been undertaken
Contact one of our Divorce Lawyers Sydney and benefit from our experience in all aspects of divorce and family law.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do we have to be separated?
Yes must be separated for 12 months and that can be under one roof. If you reconcile during that time, even for a short duration, the period might have to extend and you need advice.
How long does it take?
At least 4 months, which includes 1 month notice to the other spouse, time in the queue of cases and, 1 month from the Hearing date until the Court issues the written Divorce Certificate.
Can we be under one roof but separated?
Yes but if you do, you must be “separated” and have some evidence (in an affidavit) to show to Court that you are separated.
How much does it cost?
Our standard fee starts at $950 plus the Court’s government lodgement fee (currently $865). If for example, you have a Marriage Certificate in another language, can’t find the other spouse, have been separated under one roof, our fees might be higher. We will tell you at our first conference with you.
Meet the Family Law Team
Family Law Articles